On my way home from work I was trying to come up with something I could cook for dinner without going to the grocery store. Thankfully I had everything at home to make this recipe. If you do not have a pie crust you can definitaly make this without it. Just pour the mixture in a pie plate and bake. Also, if you don’t have sausage you can use bacon, ham, turkey or vegetables. I am serving fruit salad on a bed of salad greens with mine tonight. I will post that recipe after I make it. I hope you enjoy!
Sausage and Cheese Quiche
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoons of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Cook sausage.
- Sauté onion in pork fat.
- Combine cheese and flour and stir in with sausage and onion.
- Pour in pie shell and mash it down.
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour in pie shell
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.