Well the sisters have become a little passionate over pumpkin! I guess because it really ranks superior around our house this time of year. We had made a cinnamon bun cake earlier this week and thought it would be mighty fine to change it up with adding pumpkin. Well, I am here to tell you it was Sweet and Savory!
This is an excellent cake to take to a festive social gathering or just to have at home. It gives your home such a breathtaking aroma while it’s baking. It is so easy to make and very inexpensive. Hope you will give it a try!
What you need
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and pumpkin. Stir by hand approximately 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone. Pour half of the batter into a greased bundt cake pan. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan. Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar and cinnamon. Twirl the cake with a butter knife or icing knife until it looks like a honey bun (or whatever design you want to make).
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Frost cake while it is still fairly hot. Serve warm.
To make the frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.