Last fall I fell in love with Star Bucks pumpkin bread. I never knew that I loved pumpkin so much. I started experimenting in the kitchen and came up with my own recipe for pumpkin bread. I made so much pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheese cake, ooey gooey pumpkin cake and muffins that it was ridiculous. Now that fall is here again I wanted to try some new pumpkin desserts. Sister and I have been on a pound cake kick for a while now and I thought about a pumpkin pound cake. unfortunately, I wasn’t impressed with the recipe I came up with. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either. I will not be posting that recipe. If you should have a good recipe for a pumpkin pound cake or any other pumpkin dessert please share it with us.
I also made a vegetable Quiche that was out of this world. It was fluffy,cheesy and so yummy. It was very easy and I had everything I needed in the fridge. You can use all different kinds and combinations of vegetables. I had mushrooms, asparagus, spinach and onions in my fridge but you could use artichokes, tomatoes, squash, etc. I hope you will enjoy it as much as Andy and I did. I served mine with toast and mayhaw jelly.
- 1 frozen pie shell, deep dish
- 1 ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup chopped asparagus
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature for 10 minutes
- Line pie crust with heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and asparagus in butter until tender
- Add spinach, garlic and spring onion; cook 1 minute longer
- Spoon into crust; top with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour over cheese.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting